Range of applications:
The HEINE C 2.3 K Headband Loupes are used for magnification during examination and operations.
Safety in use:
Do not look directly into the sun or at a powerful light source when using the Headband Loupes!
To obtain the best results you should adjust the instrument as follows:
Adjusting the headband:
To adjust the size of the headband, press the lever (1) to increase and pull the free end(2) to decrease the circumference.
Adjusting headband height:
The position of the optics is adjusted over a wide range by means of the hinged mount. The ease of movement of the hinges can be adjusted by means of the hinge screws.
Obtaining a clearly-focused single image
– Unscrew both adjuster screws just enough to let you slide the eyepieces in or out.
– Put on the headband and adjust the eyepieces to the correct height and look at a well-lit object at the working distance (a printed text is not suitable as object)
– Adjust the oculars sideways until you see a shadow-free round image which is sharply-focused.
– Lightly tighten both adjuster screws without changing the position of the optics.
– Take off the headband and check that the inter-pupillary distance shown on the scale is symmetrical. Correct this if necessary by adjusting both adjuster screws to give a symmetrical setting
– Re-tighten the adjuster screws.